Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Illusion" recensito positivamente anche su Doom-Metal.com(Norvegia)

da Doom-metal.com
Orient Express
comes from Italy and this is their debut release. They are obviously influenced by the '70s psychedelic and prog rock scenes.

Usually when I review an album I do it track by track, as this way is much easier to explain what I liked or disliked about the album. Sometimes though, an album ends up in my hands that doesn't work for me in that way. These kinds of albums won't allow you to break them down and they force you to listen to them from the first note until the last with no breaks or distractions. So I put on my headphones, turned off the lights and started my voyage into Orient Express' musical world. Soft melodies from another time and place create an entirely different reality and a surprise comes from an often ignored element, the lyrics. Lyrics like these are almost pure poetry. Just listen to 'Rats Know' and you'll understand what I'm saying.

I think I've found the perfect soundtrack for the rainy days of winter or the hottest days of the summer. It seems that the Italian scene is in a very productive period and Orient Express is the latest talent to come from that scene.